Sunday, July 19, 2009

Trip to the Tetons



I just got back (literally 45 minutes ago) from my trip with Matt up to the Tetons. It was absolutely beautiful. We camped by a lake called Lake of the Mountains and went 4-wheeling on Friday and Saturday. I met Matt's brother and his Uncle and his family. I also reacquainted myself with his sister. They are a great family and I was put at ease quickly.

The setting was gorgeous and we would ATV up to lakes and snow packs and places that you normally wouldn't visit on foot. It was a fun trip but I have never been so dusty and dirty in my entire life. Nor have I eaten as many hotdogs as I did over the weekend. Oh and the mosquitoes were horrible and I have a ton of bites -especially on my buns :(.





I dropped off Matt at the Jackson Hole airport and began my trip home Sunday afternoon and that was sad. But I got over it, filled up the tank with gas and headed home. Then suddenly I started to notice that I didn't recognize where I was and suddenly I am in Montpelier, Idaho. That sucked rocks -apparently I am one who always needs clear directions when driving. It added an hour to my drive home, but I was able to speed past Sweetwater Condos and have flashes of memories of our trips there -roller skating, the witch who stuck needles in you, skiing, and playing in the pool and hot tub. Great times.

If you are dying for an update on me and Matt, there isn't one. The weekend was a lot of fun and we won't see each other for another month, but that is okay. We both have big tests next week (Bar & GMAT) and then we are both headed on big trips -me to Sweden and Denmark, Matt to Cambodia and Thailand. It would have been fun if we could have worked it so I could have done both, but the trips are at the same time. Oh well.

Love you all lots and I'm excited when I have time again just to sit and talk.

Kara

1 comment:

The Tate Family said...

You love driving in the opposite direction of where you want to go! Remember when we drove all the way to Colorado from Richfield? That was awesome!