Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Hey everyone,

It seems so strange not to be able to call Grandma today. My kids have come up with a great new tradition for our family. They have declared December 2 the day that we set up Christmas decorations in honor of Grandma. I thought it was such a nice gesture that we are setting up Christmas today when they get home from school. They wanted grits for breakfast and they want to have fried chicken for dinner.

I can't help but think what an amazing woman she was. Here are her great grand children insisting that she continue to be celebrated. That is such a reflection of her amazing personality and love that we all felt when we were with her.

I hope that you are all doing well. I remain so grateful for grandma in my life. I think we are all so lucky to have had a grandma like her.

Lots of love during this christmas season,

Marisa

1 comment:

Kara said...

Love it Marisa! You have such a tenderhearted family. Eliza is making us grits tonight for dinner in Grandma's memory too. Miss you all so much!

Lots of love,
Kara