Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blessed {by Kara}

Most of you know that I have been a bit down lately due to lack of dates, potential dates, potential anything as it relates to my dating/friend life. Sunday I focused my fast on needing to feel hopeful and at peace about my move, my ward, and my life in general.

Sometimes I don't feel much during my fast, but other times, like this last Sunday, I did. I woke up feeling a complete sense of peace about everything and that I was making good and right decisions. Then I got to church and I felt so much a part of the ward, then I got a calling that will really make me feel a part of the ward (Relief Society Secretary -yikes!). It all helped me realize that we are guided when we allow ourselves to be guided and that we have so many blessings in our lives. I am abundantly blessed to have my incredible family in my life, the gospel, a fantastic job working with my dad and brother, and my health. What more can I ask for?

2 comments:

The Black Family said...

That's awesome Kara! Thanks for sharing that, it is a good reminder of the blessings that come from fasting! It's been a while for me so thanks. I love you.
Eliza

Alecia Williams said...

Kara,

Thanks for sharing this with us. You are an amazing person Kara and you will be blessed. We are praying for you!!! I love you!