Monday, March 23, 2009

A Bit of Grandma Helen in Me

We know it is there -we all have a bit of Grandma Helen in us and my bit oozed out on Friday. I was waiting on a corner of San Francisco for a walking tour and there was a group handing out Coke Zero. So of course I went up and grabbed one and stuck it in my purse. Then I started thinking, hmmm, I'd really like to have one to drink now and one to take home later but how do I do that when these guys know I already have one? I decided to do what Grandma would do -I just walked up and said I'd like another. They hesitated but I pointed out that they were free so I got one. Then my walking tour began and as we walked by the Coke Zero people, I noticed that a girl was giving the drinks away -there had been a changing of the guard! I took advantage of the opportunity, took another can and stuck it in my purse. Yes, Grandma Helen would be proud as I got 3 whole cans out of the deal.

I'm not sure, but I think Grandma Marge would be rolling in her grave right now -I know dad probably is a bit embarrassed :). But then again, maybe she'd laugh.

Time is winding down here for me in beautiful San Francisco. So now is the time to visit me -or forever hold your peace. I've learned about some great places in the city that I could share with you if given the opportunity.

Lots of love,
Kara -those sole consistent poster on this lonely family blog

No comments: