Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pics


Family,

I am thinking of changing the name of this blog to "Kara's Blog". I'm not sure if anyone reads these other than me -although I'll give a shout out to Joy Millet because I think she reads these too.

Life is really good here. The rain has stopped for the most part and the summer fog has not rolled in yet. The days are clear and sunny but the wind is crazy cold. Still, I'll take cold, windy and sunny over rainy or foggy.

A couple of weeks ago I took Matt to "law prom". It was fun, but typical -lots of drinking, loud music, stuffy room. It was at a club and it was Matt's first visit to a club. We had a good time but it was definitely time to leave after an hour. The picture above is from law prom.

A couple of Sundays ago Matt, his roommate Chris (who is so crazy similar to our brother Christian that it freaks me out sometimes), and I went down to Baker Beach and walked around. It was a beautiful day. We saw a few dead jelly fish washed ashore, skipped rocks and Matt and Chris tried to lift very large rocks over their heads. I took pictures, but haven't taken the time to put them on my computer and I am feeling too lazy to do that right now.

Easter Sunday was really nice. My friend Caleb, from school, attended church with me and then stayed with us for the afternoon/evening for Easter dinner and hanging out. It was a nice day. We had a bunch of people from the ward over to Matt's house along with one of his co-workers and Caleb. Matt cooked a ham and scalloped potatoes and I made a huge salad and fruit salad. I was supposed to make homemade rolls, but my roommate was hogging the mixer Sunday morning so I scrapped that plan and used some Pillsbury rolls I had on had instead. I still want to try the roll recipe since I bought all the ingredients. Maybe after finals I'll give it a whirl.

That's about all I have to report. Matt's probably driving back to SLC with me Memorial Day weekend and then will fly back to San Francisco. I could fly, but I think the drive will be fun for us -and it will cost only about $100 more to drive than to fly and ship all my stuff home. And I get Matt for a couple more days -well worth the extra money I think.

I love you all!

Kara

4 comments:

The Tate Family said...

Kara...I of course read every post! You are fun!

Ali said...

So do I! Keep them coming :)

Alecia Williams said...

Oh you...thanks for always contributing. Sorry for not being better at contributing!!

Kera said...

well aren't you fancy. can't wait to be all nervous and weird when matt comes again.