Sunday, April 19, 2009


My Dear Family

Well I decided to blog but it did not work out so well. I spent most of the evening just figuring out how to get on the blog and then the rest of the time trying to upload pictures. It was unpleasant. And I never did figure out how to do it.

We go to see Corm in the morning. He leaves at 7:00. I hear they discourage seeing the missionaries off, but it is hard to imagine that he will be at the airport and that we would not go to see him.

Sabrina is going to be baptized on Saturday. She is pretty excited. I figured out how to print photos today, so that part was good. I have a photo of Sabrina at the temple which I printed.

Somehow I just found a way to upload a picture. It is Lydia when she was 16 years old. I love this picture. Lydia was a wonderful person. She was so loving and full of fun. I really miss her.



This is a picture of Kathy and I and John Vogel at dinner in New York. We ate at the Bulls and Bears Steakhouse in the Waldorf Astoria. John is doing well and said hi to everyone. We had last years photo album and went over every picture with him. He knows you all by name and asked lots of questions. He looks good, but sort of struggles a little bit with life. It was fun to see him again.

This is a picture of Uncle Lee and Sally. Lee looks quite different and he has a hard time talking. But his eyes were alert and still full of fun.





This is a picture of my cousin Dick. He is Marion's son. My dad's older brother. He lives in Bountiful, Utah. I think he has 4 children; all girls; but my memory may be wrong. Thanks to Marisa we are making contacts with the Thompson family. We are hoping to have a family reunion in late August of early September. Is there a date that works better for you?




I tried to upload some of the other images, but for some reason the computer says it is a DO file and it will not let me upload. I will get better. Maybe Savanna can help. I intend to blog every week.

Love, Dad

1 comment:

The Thompson Times said...

Kara
Thanks. I love the picture. I will figure out this blog thing and will write every week. You look great. But I am not so sure about Matt. You really do look good. John Vogel had very nice things to say about you.
:Love, Dad