Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm Going to Broad-way! -Or at least SLC

I thought I would send a little update on my summer travel plans. I just booked my flight home for a few days in June for a fun little trip where I hope I'll be able to enjoy the family and a little R&R. Since I won't be able to swim (again) starting Thursday so I am going to swim until I am a prune the Wednesday night I get home -hope the neighbors don't mind.

Here's the plan. I fly in late Wednesday, go in for surgery at the fun hour of 7:30am Thursday morning and the surgery could last from 1 -5 hours (probably closer to 1 though). If necessary I'll be sent to a plastic surgeon on Friday who will make me pretty again. Other than that, I'm going to partay like a slightly wounded rock star until I leave on Tuesday night -so look out family!

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I know it is going to be just fine but it has been harder than I thought just facing this while away from the family. I have truly been able to feel your love and support for me over the past few days and miracle of all miracles -the surgery has been HUGELY reduced in price for me. Fasting does work.

As for San Francisco, work is good. I am really starting to enjoy it and look forward to some interesting opportunities over the summer such as attending mediations and trials. I am working on a huge case right now and will start pulling together discovery documents and putting discovery requests together in the next couple of weeks. School is also not so bad. This Friday or Saturday I am going to take a super long walk from Crissy Field to Fort Point. It is supposed to be a beautiful 3-hour walk and I hope the weather is good.

That's all. Good luck with everything going on with the rest of you -Savanna and Steve with the almost new baby & move to Oregon, Marisa & Rick with the upcoming deployment, Corm with graduation, Christian with the ladies...

I love you all!!!
Kara

No comments: